The words you use say a lot about you.
Hello! We’re LocalizationLab. We know the name is slightly unusual and it’s in English, even though our translation agency is based in Barcelona. Localization means adjusting a product’s features and functional properties to adapt it for the different linguistic, cultural, political and legal standards of a foreign market or country. In a nutshell, that’s what we do. But let us introduce ourselves. We’re Montserrat and Rosa Maria. Both of us studied Translation at the Autonomous University of Barcelona and we also spent time studying at other European universities. Both of us worked for many years in Hewlett-Packard, currently one of our main clients. And both of us are mums, first and foremost. We love travelling with our families to explore the world and speak other languages. We also love working together.
New translation agency in Barcelona
We launched this project in 2013. Even though moving out of our comfort zone to start our own business was daunting at first, we knew straight away that it was the right thing to do. Our goal was to establish a first-rate language services company to help businesses communicate flawlessly with their clients around the world. When we worked at HP, we had experienced difficulties getting a satisfactory outcome. We know that translating is no easy task and that the outcome can be highly subjective. That’s why the relationship with our clients and our translators is so important. This relationship is underpinned by our clients knowing that excellence is important, and that we want a job well done.
- We offer a customer-oriented service based on reliability and respect. We involve our clients in the process. We ask questions, and if our client wants to review the final outcome, we incorporate their changes into our glossaries and translation memories (specific for each client).
- We want our company to be flexible so that we can strike a healthy balance between the professional life we’re so passionate about and the family life we love so much.
- We work with professional and qualified translators. We also pay our translators a fair living wage to ensure they make a decent living from their profession and can dedicate the required time to the project at hand.
- We want to help companies here sell their products and services internationally, enabling them to be confident that they’re making a good impression.
- We also want to help companies from other countries to sell their products and services here, as if they were based locally.
- We aim to ensure that our clients are completely satisfied and to improve their image by using words tailored to their needs.
We’re passionate about what we do:
- We love turning texts into well-written texts.
- We love turning well-written texts into stunning texts.
- We love making stunning texts impressive in any language.
If you have any questions or you’d like to get in touch,
drop us a line by email and we’ll contact you as soon as possible.
I’d like to receive more information